Thursday, February 09, 2006

Mark

Mark was my mother's second husband, my first step dad. I hated Mark. I was 9 years old, just a kid, but I will forever remember.

I don't dream of him very often, but I ended up having a dream about him last night. I was the same age that I am now in the dream, but I dreamed of the boy I had seen him with when I was 25. I felt horrible in the dream, I was trying to the best of my ability to get that poor little boy away from him without him knowing what I was doing. He wanted to take him into a room, I have no idea what was on the other side of that door. The little boy looked so trusting and honest, and I just couldn't stop him from going.

The last time I actually seen Mark was at the county park during the air show. It's amazing how that deep down dread and hurt comes up when least expected, even after so many years. He was walking past us, I was 25, Zach was 5, and Charlie was sitting next to me on the bench, Zach was standing between my legs and I had my arms around him, hugging him while we watched a plane take off. I freaked out, I looked right down at the ground and wouldn't look up. Charlie had asked me who that guy was, he had stared at us as he walked past with a woman and a young boy.

I honestly felt dread for that young boy, and hoped to God Mark wasn't still an ass like he was when I was a kid. You just never forget someone burning your toys, or smoking pot in front of you, or some of the other things I'm not going to go into detail on.

All I can say is, thank God my mother came to her senses, that marriage only lasted 4 months.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

I'm stunned. I never knew your mom was married three times. He must've been horrible, because you never mentioned him, not once in all the years we've known each other.

In my last dream, a meteor was heading toward Earth, and Bob and I were fleeing to Mexico, where we thought we'd be safer.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

OMG! That's a bad dream!

He was horrible, I don't even like to think about him if I don't have to. By the time we had become friends he was past history, thank God.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Dell Discount Coupons
Dell Discount Coupons